Candidates who are seeking permanent makeup and who may be contraindicated (meaning those that I cannot treat) are:
- Those under 18 years of age
- People with diabetes
- People with glaucoma and people who are taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin).
- People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site that is to be treated.
- People with allergies to makeup or colours
- Those with easily triggered postinflammatory hyperpigmentation are not good candidates
- Those with transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
- Are a hemophiliac
- Have healing disorders, on blood thinners, uncontrolled high blood pressure or had mitral valve Disorder.
- Those on any skin medication such as ro-accutaine, steroids which thin and oversensitive the skin
Let me know if you have/had allergic reactions to topical anesthetics.
AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoic and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, fading can discolor your permanent makeup.
Flu or Cold: Please stay home, reschedule your appointment if you have cold or flu or sinus/respiratory infection.
Coumadin: Amount of bleeding and response to topical epinephrine will determine coverage per appointment. If excessive bleeding occurs, extra appointments may be necessary for desired outcome or procedure may not be effective.
Cancers/Chemotherapy: Doctor's clearance may be necessary.
Laser eye surgery: Wait about 3 months for eyeliner procedure. All other permanent makeup procedures are ok.
Juvederm or other "fillers": Get permanent makeup first or ask your juvederm tech for clearance.
Shingles (varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
Eyelift or blepharoplasty: Wait about 3 months.
Cold Sores: Clients with a history of cold sores need to pre-medicate with an anti-viral drug (Zoviraz, Valtrex, or Acyclovir) prior to a lip coloring procedure.
I reserve the right to refuse my services.